Whether working full time or part time, permanent employees have an on-going relationship with their employer that is regular and systematic. They are taken on board for an agreed number of hours each week/month with the expectation of ongoing employment.
The following highlights the main employment expectations of permanent employees:
- usually work on a regular basis with a set roster;
- are employed on an on-going basis; and
- are entitled to receive benefits such as Medical Aid, Pension, Car Allowance and Incentive Bonuses.
The advantages of permanent employment:
- Scope for upward mobility in a stable corporate-system.
- Ability to keep a gap-free resumé for future employment opportunities.
- Can keep on track with promotions and avoid an interruption in your lifetime earnings potential.
- A long-term, permanent plan for achieving a more rewarding work-life balance.