What is Temping?
Temp work is non-fixed term employment and positions can last various lengths of time. Contract work is a similar alternative to permanent employment, but positions are typically undertaken as a fixed-term contract and with specific skills in mind.
Temps are hired for various reasons:
- To fill in for a permanent employee during holiday or sick leave
- Maternity or Paternity leave
- To help with end of month or quarter workloads
- To overcome head count issues
Temporary assignments offer variety in work and duration. You will gain the experience of working in a number of different environments and industries. Connecting you to the right job is just as important for temporary positions as it is for permanent positions. In the current employment climate, more and more companies are starting to rely on Contract Accountants to provide top-quality staff to meet their short and longer term temporary staffing needs.
The Benefits of Temp Work
The are many benefits associated with temping, an in today's marketplace, undertaking temporary employment can provide you with a professional edge and a wide range of skill sets only possible to achieve within the varied world of temping.
If you are unsure as to which option (contract, perm, temp) is best for you, the consultants at Contract Accountants can help you decide and explore the options available to you.
Some points to consider:
- Temping and contracting can allow you to experience a variety of industries, meet new people, and can offer excellent networking opportunities.
- Temp work offers you a degree of flexibility that could perfectly suit those wishing to develop their career with their personal circumstances to factor in.
- Not only does temp work allow you the freedom to control your working hours, but temping or contracting also offers you the opportunity to diversify your skills, learn and develop new skills and try new industries.